What's on the workbench?

Yep, I just have to test it out and make sure it works properly. If everything goes well I'll have an input version shortly as well.
I look forward to that, being as then I can combine the 2 in a say 1590b~ish or the out mated to 1/4in jack and the input tied to my 60watt power board... or feck, my space heater's output in a BB for that bass amp project :unsure:

Damn you Rob, making these interesting toys!

It's a balanced XLR output. The circuit fits in the footprint of the XLR jack so if the jack fits you can easily add an XLR output to a build.
how would this compare to using a traditional transformer circuit for balanced output? (other than size)

The next five "X100 Rehouse Project V2" boards are in and on the bench . . . .

These are fully traced X100 rev 10 boards with the discrete logic switching and unity-gain circuits added to the original X100 rev 10 PCB layouts. The SMD components are the same values as the X100 rev 10 traced from over 30 different original X100 rev 10 headphone amps. The JFETs need to be hand-selected and the compressor biasing resistance values determined. The compressor on the X100 is (while similar in appearance to) not the same as the compressor circuit in the Ultimatum.

And the Echo and Chorus circuits are also as the original X100 - using real MN3011 and MN3007 BBDs. (V3 will be using an FV-1 for the effects as the MN3011 has become cost prohibitive.)

The small boards are the ±6v power supplies made from a pair of BC modules - supplying an equally balanced ±V supply. The original X100 supply was always off balance by as much as 0.6v The V2 is a very quiet (lower noise floor) project build compared to the V1 and the original X100.

V2_PCB_Population_01.jpg

And this is how they are anticipated to look when finished . . . .

X100_V2_Enclosure_Finished_00.jpg

Last edited:
Back