Why would anybody

These were designed in-house to match vintage spec and then custom-made for our customers. The price reflects that process - we'd make it cheaper if we could! We're always looking to reduce costs so if we find a way to do it, we will. We are hoping to fill a gap in the market for folks looking for this specific enclosure - we certainly have others available for much cheaper.

I know that's a vintage correct replica of a Burns Buzzaround enclosure but I make a fuzz called the Sauron that that enclosure would be kinda perfect for as it almost looks like a piece of Sauron's armor (especially with some etching) but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet since that price is a fair bit higher than yer standard 125B on which I need to practice etching some more.

If you build it, they will come... ...and buy it.

Interesting! I'd like to build something in that but not for that price

These were designed in-house to match vintage spec and then custom-made for our customers. The price reflects that process - we'd make it cheaper if we could! We're always looking to reduce costs so if we find a way to do it, we will. We are hoping to fill a gap in the market for folks looking for this specific enclosure - we certainly have others available for much cheaper.
Sounds like too many Shops, One to cut it, One to to bend it, One to drill it, One to paint it & One to sell it???
If it was all done in One shop, it would be Half the cost!

I honestly don’t think it’s unfair pricing for what it is. size, fit & finish, and quantity all scale the price up on this. Try to find an unpainted mk1/zonk enclosure for under $40, and that’s from chinese mass-production sources produced in massive quantities. This is a more complicated form with great wide radii bends and a nice finish. For a Maestro Fuzztone enclosure it would be absurd, but this is a pretty premium product for a niche market.

I’ll def be buying one if they’re still around when I have some disposable income after graduation. Love me a buzz around!

I have one of these. It is a heavy nice enclosure. Don’t know if it came from the same place but I would guess likely. Got it for building one as payment. Don’t think I could have dropped that much $$$ for one.

I got one several years ago when they were a bit cheaper, and during a sale so I don't think I paid half that price.

I haven't actually done anything with it but it's a nice enclosure.

I got one several years ago when they were a bit cheaper, and during a sale so I don't think I paid half that price.

I haven't actually done anything with it but it's a nice enclosure.
This came as a little kit. Pcb ect and it has been a couple years ago also. Definitely has some heft to it.

I have to agree... I'm not sure I'd want to cut, bend, powdercoat, and drill them for much less than $75.

I've powdercoated a few enclosures and can honestly say that's not how I want to spend my day. :ROFLMAO:

Tayda has spoiled us all.
Speaking of tayda spoiling us all, I explored getting some enclosures done by another enclosure place who will remain nameless for the time being, but my head almost exploded when I heard their costs 🤯

Back