Lab Rat build!

And that is reason #1 I choose to mount the tubes inside the enclosure. I can't promise they'll be fine 100% of the time, but I have never had or heard of anyone having a broken tube from dropping one of my pedals. Silicon rings are never a bad idea and if you can make them fit I wholeheartedly support the idea, but I've never felt like it was essential for the protection of the tube.
I’ve built a couple without them and sent them out with the same confidence. I use them mostly because I have a free supply of them and there is no way they can hurt. They look kinda cool. And they make for even spacing in the tube bay for those of us ocd nerds.

I’ve built a couple without them and sent them out with the same confidence. I use them mostly because I have a free supply of them and there is no way they can hurt. They look kinda cool. And they make for even spacing in the tube bay for those of us ocd nerds.
And I'm totally with you on that, it absolutely will never cause any problems to put them in, so if it doesn't cost you much (or anything) absolutely put them in.

We got the lab rat up and running today. Totally dig it. Man, it’s loud! But a really nice low noise floor for a rat. I’m loving the EQ section and of course the build was super fun. I may do a proper build report in the future but for now I’m just gonna play with it and some mods as I built it stock. Guillermo thanks you!

We got the lab rat up and running today. Totally dig it. Man, it’s loud! But a really nice low noise floor for a rat. I’m loving the EQ section and of course the build was super fun. I may do a proper build report in the future but for now I’m just gonna play with it and some mods as I built it stock. Guillermo thanks you!
Nice! I'm waiting on a shipment from tayda to finish mine up. would love to see a build report.

i should give Ween another shot. I had an old boss who only listened to "bananas and blow" . i feel i havent given them a fair shake.
Bananas and blow is one of the three ween songs that I’ll instantly skip every time they come on, so if that’s your only frame of reference, it’s definitely not ideal. It gets so, so much better than that

Bananas and blow is one of the three ween songs that I’ll instantly skip every time they come on, so if that’s your only frame of reference, it’s definitely not ideal. It gets so, so much better than that
it is legitimately the only ween song this guy would play. It's not that i didn't enjoy the song really but he was the kind of guy who only put songs on a playlist because the song was about his favorite powdery substance. so ween shared the playlist with clapton and ANYONE else that wrote a song about it.

Back