Lab Rat build!

Bananas and blow is one of the three ween songs that I’ll instantly skip every time they come on, so if that’s your only frame of reference, it’s definitely not ideal. It gets so, so much better than that
1. Strap on that jammy pac (as a kid I had the shimmy disc version that was inaudibly quiet.
2. Mourning Glory (unless I’m laughing at pumpkins)
3. Alcan Road (slowest most boring track in an already bloatedly slow record. I prefer most of the Caesar demos to the actual inclusions on Quebec )

1. Strap on that jammy pac (as a kid I had the shimmy disc version that was inaudibly quiet.
3. Alcan Road (slowest most boring track in an already bloatedly slow record. I prefer most of the Caesar demos to the actual inclusions on Quebec )
Somewhere tucked away in a box I have a hard copy of Chocolate and Cheese that a friend gave me in high school, I haven't listened to it in ages. I do remember it being thoroughly enjoyable though, I should dig it out.

I saw you talking about this a bit ago and have some ready for my next plumes. Very interested in this.
but did you see theeeese LEDs hahaha i dunno if they are better for clipping.. but i want to know.....
...Are these LEDs?

One coin-cell later and sure enough:

View attachment 52058

These are very interesting. I had twelve but had to discard two that did not light. Forward voltage seems to be >1V (my DMM won't measure diodes with a greater FV than this so I don't know for sure). The lenses are made of a plastic so soft that it yields to my fingernail, and all of them were super cloudy/dirty. Thankfully a Q-tip and some isopropanol cleared all of them right up, some to greater effect than others (sadly, the one that cleaned up the best was one of the non-working ones - you could see right to the distinctly rectangular-prism-shaped semiconductor die on that one with ambient light alone). They are probably not much good for indicators as they are super dim, but I can definitely see these being some ultra-mojo clippers?

I actually quite like alcan road surprisingly.
My three are:
Shamemaker (even as a pastiche, I can’t stand pop punk vocals)
Learnin to love
Bananas and blow

but did you see theeeese LEDs hahaha i dunno if they are better for clipping.. but i want to know.....
I have been resisting getting the Lab Rat because I have enough of an endless list of projects to build (as if that ever stopped anyone) and enough unfinished Sushi Boxes (as if that matters), but now that I see that we may be getting Tayda templates soon, I'm 100% gonna order a board and those LEDs are 100% gonna go in it.

I have been resisting getting the Lab Rat because I have enough of an endless list of projects to build (as if that ever stopped anyone) and enough unfinished Sushi Boxes (as if that matters), but now that I see that we may be getting Tayda templates soon, I'm 100% gonna order a board and those LEDs are 100% gonna go in it.
HELL YES! i feel like you should cut a little window in the enclosure and mount those LED's on top of the board so you can see them inside like on the Zvex woolly mammoth 7 knobber.

Im sure tayda could drill a hole that size. then just hot glue some plexiglass type material to the underside....

on second thought, maybe not hot glue, that would be a fucking mess if the tubes get hot enough to melt it. but it still seems very doable. maybe super glue the plexiglass window on there.

I have a couple of small acrylic panels that I got from an art store that I'm sure I could press into service for this. But... I'm just wondering if there is enough space between the underside of the PCB and the face of the enclosure to fit the thickness of the LEDs and the plastic material, that'd be the only rub. I succumbed and placed the PCB order just now so I suppose we will see in due time 🙃

I have a couple of small acrylic panels that I got from an art store that I'm sure I could press into service for this. But... I'm just wondering if there is enough space between the underside of the PCB and the face of the enclosure to fit the thickness of the LEDs and the plastic material, that'd be the only rub. I succumbed and placed the PCB order just now so I suppose we will see in due time 🙃
Something like this would work?
Anyone is welcome to use my Graphics or part there of!

Sushi Lab Rat Mockup Pedal 2.jpg

That dude is on another level. He has some other really cool stuff posted on madbean. There was Sputnik themed echo he built that had a globe in it. The pedal looked like Russian spaceship console.

Back