Another set of eyes for a Vero build.

Diynot

2 threads in as many weeks, where I have I gone so wrong with my building process!? Actually 90% sure this is a programming issue, but since this is my first actual Vero build (aside from pad per point protoboard), I wanted some more experienced eyes on this. This is a Parasit Bitbreaker deluxe. It’s a pretty simple circuit based around an attiny85 chip. I used a drill bit to cut the traces and did a continuity test on either side of the cut to verify complete separation. I circled the cuts topside to ensure I was making the correct cuts on the traces. Here is the Vero doc
bitbreakerdlxvero.png
And here is my build:
IMG_4202.jpeg IMG_4203.jpeg IMG_4205.jpeg IMG_4206.jpeg IMG_4207.jpeg
I have verified components, Checked for bridges, and Retested continuity across the cuts. Voltage is good from the regulator to pin 8, audio dies at the chip. Anybody see any glaring mistakes?

From what I can see there appears to be no mistakes

With my vero builds it's usually a reflow or 10 of solder joints that sorts it out, which I'm assuming you've already done

I only use vero if I absolutely have to, it gives me involuntary shudders that stuff

I know nothing about the IC but could it still be a programming issue causing it to remain idle

From what I can see there appears to be no mistakes

With my vero builds it's usually a reflow or 10 of solder joints that sorts it out, which I'm assuming you've already done

I only use vero if I absolutely have to, it gives me involuntary shudders that stuff

I know nothing about the IC but could it still be a programming issue causing it to remain idle
Thanks for taking a look. I actually haven’t reflowed, I forgot how squirrelly soldering to a single sided board could be and didn’t really want to disturb what appeared to be good joints, but if it works….. yeah, programming an Attiny is also a first for me. If I get it to work I will pat myself on the back and promptly never do it again.

Haha You've actually raised my interest in them, they're pretty cheap little microcontrollers
If I get over this learning curve I will post my observations/process for posterity sake. Unfortunately, this is a slightly different process than programming through an arduino since the code is presented in a hex file and uses AVRdude and Python(?) commands to upload.

Back