SOLVED Need a second set of eyes (Duo-Phase)

DGWVI

Hopefully the pics are clear enough

Having an issue with the power delivery on the B side of this latest Duo-Phase- the LFO will not start, but the phase stages work otherwise.

I've gone over everything several times, and have replaced everything in the LFO section and power sections for Side B and kinda stuck on what to do next. The Depth and Trimpots all effect the LEDs as they're expected to, but I get no movement from the LFO

Removed the Feedback pot to make photos easier.
received_2177606275765158.jpeg received_727195062377413.jpeg received_634740645337191.jpeg received_1414972196000020.jpeg

Voltages for the borked side... As you can see I'm getting static negative voltages on both ICs 5B and 6B, even after resoldering, cleaning, replacing (everything, including the switches but, except the sockets), and cleaning again

I also get continuity between IC6B and all three pins of the LFO switchz regardless of which position it's in.
received_163058056262236.jpeg

Voltages for the working side
received_1452918728785506.jpeg

I've gone over everything with a flashlight and magnifier, and see no solder bridges or damaged traces.
Side A works perfectly

Last edited:
Since this is about food now, I've been getting these from a nearby grocery - received_239682575151810.jpeg received_3564142503908981.jpeg

Surprisingly good for how cheap ($1-$4 per pouch). And they're super quick to heat up which has been great with how hectic things have been for me lately.. Not pictured are the naan or ungodly amounts of rice I also eat

You guys are speaking my language! 🤤
I love Thai food too. Those curry chicken skewers with that peanut sauce is insane!
My go-to at the local Thai place is Pad See Ew with fried tofu and mushrooms for protein with extra basil, moderately spicy with a Thai coffee

.... And, now I'm hungry

Anyway, back to the circuit- pulled the tantalums, they measured within tolerance, and were oriented correctly, so put those back after also trying some aluminum electrolytics

I was able to remove the sockets for ICs 6 and 7 with no issue- checked the relevant pads for damages and bridges, none to be found. So, got those back in .
I wasn't able to remove the sockets for ICs 5 or 8 without risking damage, but I did examine the relevant pads and traces, and again found no damages or bridges

Rechecked continuity on the switches (without power 😅 ) and that all checks out according the the schematic.

Here are updated voltages, with the switches in B mode with Forward sweep -
orca-image-453193291.jpeg

I still need to do a comprehensive probe and trace for voltage, but that will have to wait until tomorrow night when I have more free time

Here's everywhere continuity and values(including my substitutions) were verified-
orca-image--1738714311.jpeg

I'm eating a Hungarian Salami sandwich (home-made sourdough), butter, double-smoked cheddar with two kinds of mustard (Dijon and a super seedy thing) with thinly sliced Polskie Ogórki ... typing this between taking bites.

Good thread. I hope it's marked "SOLVED" soon and not "SERVED".

Back