Getting a PCB made from a gerber

I should hope they look different, they're not mine! :D
You mean, they're populated with components? That's just whether you have 3D models of your components or not.

Was reading thru the thread and intrigued by the JLCJLCJLCJLC thingy, what is that about? 😅😅
I always chose to put manually their serial number in a crowded place where you can't really see it but that's it.

You mean, they're populated with components? That's just whether you have 3D models of your components or not.
They look different when I upload the gerber to jlc. Like a diy etched pcb.

You mean, they're populated with components? That's just whether you have 3D models of your components or not
The back of the boards have big wide traces in white. Not sure. I’m still new to this getting pcbs fabricated. That user has a bunch of gerbers available for cool pcb projects. I’m just want to make sure I’m loading the gerbers correctly.

Was reading thru the thread and intrigued by the JLCJLCJLCJLC thingy, what is that about? 😅😅
I always chose to put manually their serial number in a crowded place where you can't really see it but that's it.

I put JLCJLCJLCJLC on the bottom/back of the pcb where it's out of sight if someone opens up the pedal to check out the guts. Seems a little more professional to me and less like a guy making pedals in his bedroom :p

it looks odd to me but how does it compare to your original file? maybe their viewer is not working properly, happened to me before. sometimes they mix up layers as well

Can anyone verify that I loaded this gerber correctly to jlcpcb? I posted image above. Thanks
Probably, that preview isn’t always accurate. There’s a button to view it in their Gerber viewer. Send me the file and I’ll check it out?

Last edited:
I just pay the 50 cents or whatever to not have any extraneous graphics printed. ;)

I just noticed that option. I'll use that next time just to be safe.

Folks won't notice the production # inside the pedal, so I'm not sure why I care, but it
fucks-up the aesthetic. Might be @cdwillis's idea that I'll look “less like a guy making pedals in his bedroom.”
Oh wait, that’s totally what I am. :ROFLMAO:

Whatever the reason: 3015842A_Y13_240312, just doesn't look nice. #fail.

1711293471085.png

Back