DEMO How I Painted This: One of a kind Destiny Behemoth

This post contains an audio or video demo

jjjimi84

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
What a long month (five weeks?) off it has been from making videos! My studio is still ripped apart while I locate some more grounding issues so the demos are temporarily on hold for maybe another week but there is plenty of other neat stuff for me to blather on about.

It is no secret to anyone who is courageous enough to ask that I love painting enclosures and trying new stuff and I had the good fortune to make something for one of our own the wonderful @benny_profane

Grant was instrumental in creating the documentation for the Destiny Behemoth project and I really wanted to go all out on making a one of a kind enclosure for him. This painting was so much fun and because of his unlimited patience I was able to spread my wings and get weird. This was the first time I have ever used a photoshop style program to help with design and layouts and it was also the first time I effectively used glitter paint and had success with multiple types of clear coat. All in all I think is a huge success and wanted to share it all with you.

Since I am not the most technical minded like our resident genius @Chuck D. Bones I figured my contribution to this community could be spreading the techniques used to create the art and then the fun sounds to be had with these bad boys.

I wish I had more pictures but like a fool, I shipped before taking any and just have the various videos filmed for Grant. Maybe he can add a few or maybe this video is enough.

What a long month (five weeks?) off it has been from making videos! My studio is still ripped apart while I locate some more grounding issues so the demos are temporarily on hold for maybe another week but there is plenty of other neat stuff for me to blather on about.

It is no secret to anyone who is courageous enough to ask that I love painting enclosures and trying new stuff and I had the good fortune to make something for one of our own the wonderful @benny_profane

Grant was instrumental in creating the documentation for the Destiny Behemoth project and I really wanted to go all out on making a one of a kind enclosure for him. This painting was so much fun and because of his unlimited patience I was able to spread my wings and get weird. This was the first time I have ever used a photoshop style program to help with design and layouts and it was also the first time I effectively used glitter paint and had success with multiple types of clear coat. All in all I think is a huge success and wanted to share it all with you.

Since I am not the most technical minded like our resident genius @Chuck D. Bones I figured my contribution to this community could be spreading the techniques used to create the art and then the fun sounds to be had with these bad boys.

I wish I had more pictures but like a fool, I shipped before taking any and just have the various videos filmed for Grant. Maybe he can add a few or maybe this video is enough.
Man this is truly such a beauty! Dan you’re THE man! That raised graphic and sparkle is so incredible! This has to be my favorite hand drawn design ever truly…

That looks so good
Thanks Will!!!!
Man this is truly such a beauty! Dan you’re THE man! That raised graphic and sparkle is so incredible! This has to be my favorite hand drawn design ever truly…
Oh man! Thank you! Your batman is still in my top ten but this is my masterpiece, so far.

This might become a video series as I get back to painting now that winter is coming at me.

That enclosure turned out really good! I dig the concept 🐙 🎸, and your execution is fantastic. Love the depth of all that clear. I’m sure the pics and vid don’t do it justice.
They really do not, I am not great with my camera and struggled to catch the glitter and gloss.

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

Thanks Will!!!!

Oh man! Thank you! Your batman is still in my top ten but this is my masterpiece, so far.

This might become a video series as I get back to painting now that winter is coming at me.
Well I’m front and center for that video series!

That Batman is definitely up there but I’ll be honest man that octopus is my number one! Great effort on making a truly one of one!

Back