DEMO Destiny Behemoth Part Two: The Behemothing

This post contains an audio or video demo

jjjimi84

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
What is Destiny Behemoth? I have no idea, it was another name my son came up with and I saved it in my phone. What is a Behemothing? I really have no idea but dang if it doesn't sound like something with multiple layers of bacon.

Today is Destiny Behemoth Part Two, this was supposed to come out last week but two things happened; First, I didn't like the video, so I scrapped it. The other reason is I had some other business come up (nice weather) and I had to attend to some urgent meetings (ride my motorcycle to eat BBQ).

Here is a fresh edit and some lovely pictures to go all in on my all in one practice unit. The pcbs are designed by the incredible @cooder and the headphone design came from the genious mind of @Chuck D. Bones

We are going to make them available to anybody who wants one and I will make up some build docs for every one.

I made five of these and really want to show them off to you all! First up is the man that made it happen, Stephan from BigNoise! In a fiery red to match his studio wall in his beautiful new home!
3MsWIPFl.jpg
0coZlD9l.jpg

Next is the great professor that designed the headphone amp for it @Chuck D. Bones He got this really nice Black one that has a lot of depth in the character.
GDSF7Xml.jpg
tiKMdFdl.jpg

Here is one for the wonderful @fig This was the end result of the poll we had titled "Which color is Fig"

He is purple and he is awesome and so kind to all of us. The purple was a happy accident as it dried weird in the testing of the color matching and I went with it. It looks super slimy!

4NqhRWRl.jpg
4NqhRWRl.jpg

Here is the one going to the Pedals for Ukraine.

4podgnkl.jpg
66AXghjl.jpg

All of those were drilled and primed and painted after the first prototype (mine) was done. I used my air brush to put a faded background and then sealed it with a spray matte clear coat. All of the colors were color matched to the knobs and once that cured I started lettering them all which took about three days. The red one was the one to get the attempted faded lettering but scrapped the idea as it took forever and the result, while looking cool, was not worth the few hours it took....

2ViUKYDl.jpg

Since the airbrush idea came up after I made mine I was way to lazy to take it apart and spray it and redo the lettering so I just painted the slime guy on there. I also learned a thing or two about double checking my measurements when drilling a complex unit with jacks, I had to sand down my lid to close it.
WtlZPcZl.jpg

Here is mine, in Deans favorite color.

jqvvSVEl.jpg

here is the inside of all of them, just imagine it five times.
6r1vDwil.jpg

Here is the family shot.
vVllHj2l.jpg

V1 got me thinking about what is essential. I can't wait to see what V3 entails, because V2 is awesome. And the artwork on these... killer!

I need me a PCB for the collection.
I will add you to the list.
Wow, these are truly incredible!
Thanks Mate!
Duudde this is amazing! Incredible job on all of these!
Thank you good sir!
I'll paint it on a limited edition model..
Your son has a gift for naming...
It is amazing! He comes up with the wildest stuff. I have it written down in my notebooks and in my phone and just everywhere. He is such a creative source of inspiration.
here I thought I was nearign done on building... I await the moment it's up to grab!
I will add you to the list. It is not a crazy advanced build, the drilling is the only snag.
Daaaaaaamn, bruh.
Thank you dude! I love that
This is my favorite detail:

Love the drip...

View attachment 46413
THE DRIP!

You noticed the drip, the drip is because the flipping led bezel chipped the paint with its little piece of snaggle tooth plastic. The best way to cover it up was with a little drip. The red one is set a little more to the left side because of an airbrush snafu. A lot of my inspiration for my paintings is "How can I cover up this mistake?''

Very cool. Great portable rig ideas something like this would have been perfect when I was still working.
It has become indispensable to me for practicing and writing. If I come up with something good I can quickly track it with a few button clicks and this unit.
Wow! Can I have one!
Yes you can! I will wait about a week or so and tally up the boards and get them ordered and shipped out.
This is absolutely killer, and I want one! I prefer a Marshall base tone, and I use a Strymon Iridium into headphones, and this seems like it could totally replace it!
It really could and it plays really well with other pedals.
The “drip” is from my drool. Sorry about that…..

Wow! Great job. Loved the video.
Hahaha I am very grateful for the kind words, the video was a lot of fun to make and edit together.

😻 😻 😻 😻 😻
A Love-kitty for each AmAzErBaLLs build

and one for me SVP!
😻
I love a love kitty!
(Bows to the airbrush master of pedalpcb) skillful painting and great art work! You have been busy.
I am workingbon multiple builds right now but dn dude, you're kickin'butt!!
Oh man, I am still a total amateur on that airbrush. I don't do it nearly as much as I should but with summer time means its painting weather.
Amazing work from all involved!
I’d definitely be down for one!
Added and thank you! A labor of love and a small way I can repay the fellas that helped.

Back