Kliche overdrive problem, no sound

Uglycatstudio

Hey everyone!! I finally took the plunge and ordered a Kliche overdrive (2 actually) to build. Followed the parts list and ordered off Tayda, spent an evening building and hit a roadblock. Led is always on, gets slightly brighter when engaging the pedal and passes no sound, on or "off". Checked all my connections and reviewed documentation numerous times. Throwing this out here as a hail mary. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Ps: used russian diodes and identification rings are reversed, although I tried reversing them with no change what so ever.

Attachments

• 16381157285373770307357607772717.jpg
    16381157285373770307357607772717.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20211128_120734.jpg
    20211128_120734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: fig
Ok, weird coincidence, but may help in troubleshooting. I removed the opamps and reflowed everything (as per carlinb17's suggestion of the cold joints) I then plugged it in (minus the 3 opamps) without realizing. Same result as before, led comes on for 1-2 seconds, sputters 1-2 seconds then goes off.
Question would be, maybe the opamps are damaged? Removing them changes nothing.

I don't think that the opamps would have anything to do with the led.

Have you gone over everything with a magnifying glass to check for solder bridges/bad joints?

Do you have an audio probe? If not they are simple to make and you likely already have all the needed parts.

I know earlier you mentioned you bought the wrong dc adapter but adapted it, can we get a good picture of that in addition to your connections on the board. If your having issues with the led you might also be having power issues... also how are you attempting to power the pedal?

I know earlier you mentioned you bought the wrong dc adapter but adapted it, can we get a good picture of that in addition to your connections on the board. If your having issues with the led you might also be having power issues... also how are you attempting to power the pedal?
Adapter Board upside down, Power supplies reversed terminals, Dirty Board, 3 wrongs will not make it right!

Process of elimination, I changed it to the original center negative and am using a Daneclectro 9v 200ma power supply that is not modified. No change

well if your using this one you have problems....
41Mt4dx6ZNL._AC_.jpg

this is what comes up when I search your Danelectro 9v 200ma supply..... what they don't tell in in the title is that it is AC not DC..... Telsa and Edison are pissed....

I know Edison fried an elephant to show the dangers of AC but you killed a Centaur

You need a 9v DC negative center power supply. if you plugged that in you fried the 1054

can you confirm your "danelectro" supply is 9VDC negative center?

Back