SOLVED Need help debugging Stockade [Updated]

dmnCrawler

I just built the stockade. I did the wiring for the boost to be used separately. The boost and bypass work great. But I am not getting a good signal after pin 7 of the IC. I am using a LM833N, I have tried different ones, including different brands. I also have an album with images that includes images of the board on both sides, info on the schematic, and more voltages.

I also posted a video of an audio probe and demo on youtube.

Any info is greatly appreciated. This has been a really great learning experience.

Felt the update showed the information better.

Last edited:
Updated so information is easier to see without leaving the forum. I like the linking of media. It is a nice feature. Thanks for whatever knowledge you can bestow upon me. ?

I reflowed the solder joint that connected to VREF. Finally I inspected the area where I was getting 0 volts between C8, R10 and pin 7 of the LM833B. I had a small scratch on the PCB near the pad for C8 and I believe solder had flowed into. After cleaning that It is now up and running. Inspecting the joints through magnification and checking connectivity really helped a lot.

A bit late to the party but I've found taking voltages on op amp empty sockets quite often leads you to the fault

I used to think that if voltages were all over the place with it in socket then perfect with it out = op amp kaput

But not always the case! as we all know op amps are active devices that need power to work and sometimes when you put them back in they connect to other faulty components in circuit giving you weird voltages

So always worth taking empty socket voltages that may indicate where your fault lies

Back