Rocket Sockets

Once a dealer in Canada has them I will! Although it is quite cheap to just order them from pepers with exchange rate...

Yep I've had a couple. They don't last. The plastic is soft and just gets chewed up by tightening the metal nuts on pedals. I've been using a multitool for a while since I threw these out.

They do look convenient. I talked with Pepers about possibly getting some in stock a while back but other tasks took priority...

Personally I don't have any issues using metal sockets.

I keep a set of color coded deep sockets from Harbor Freight in metric and SAE on my bench. Normally I just use them by hand, but I have a little mini ratchet there when needed. Been meaning to pick up a thumbwheel ratchet but just never think about it when I'm in the store.

1580564688515.png

They do look convenient. I talked with Pepers about possibly getting some in stock a while back but other tasks took priority...

I keep a set of color coded deep sockets from Harbor Freight in metric and SAE on my bench. Normally I just use them by hand, but I have a little mini ratchet there when needed. Been meaning to pick up a thumbwheel ratchet but just never think about it when I'm in the store.

View attachment 2857
Yeah that’s exactly what I use...

I bought a set a while back and found that a little adjustable wrench is a lot faster and easier to keep up with.

All of the nuts on my pedals have washers, so marring the paint is not a problem. I use nut drivers for everything except stomp switch nuts and the inside nuts on power jacks. For those, I use a deep socket and tiny crescent wrench, respectively.

All of the nuts on my pedals have washers, so marring the paint is not a problem. I use nut drivers for everything except stomp switch nuts and the inside nuts on power jacks. For those, I use a deep socket and tiny crescent wrench, respectively.
Same Here, SIDCHROME - Most Famous Tool Company in Australia, Cost $30.00 as New used in a Pawn Shop. Normally $60.00.
Metric & Imperial Sockets with Screwdriver style 1/4'' Drive.
Long extension Drive under Screwdriver :
Sidchrome 21 piece Metric- Imperial Set.jpg

View attachment 2857

i have the thumbwheel ratchet set and ive never cared for it, unless you can get one with a button for releasing the socket. i much prefer the swivel head ratchet. easy to go from tightening to rapid turning, and then pop the socket off if need be.

Old thread! Was considering these since scratching does happen from time to time...

@BurntFingers So these didn't last for you, huh?

Anyone else have experience with these or a plastic alternative? I have the MusicNomad Octopus, but it's missing some sizes:
81FhGjL74zL.jpg

Re: Rocket Sockets, it says this on their website:
“Injection molded in Dunedin, NZ using 15% Glass fibre reinforced Nylon, the latest version of these nifty little tools are far superior to the previous 3D printed ones”.
Sounds like they changed their process/materials at some point, so maybe some folks were commenting on the older version?

I have some that I bought relatively recently. They seem sturdy enough so far, but I haven’t used them a ton.

Back