Back In Stock Updates

For anyone wondering why just about everything is listed as out of stock right now, it's because 1) Musikding took the last of my Nobelium boards and 2) I ran out of the 3PDT-TB boards. So I think I can still do Ambassador and Vampire Slayer, but that's it.

I have placed a large order to restock everything that ran out and a few things that are getting low, so hopefully I'll have everything back up in 1-2 weeks.

My big PCB order arrived today and I just went through and got stock updated on the website, so everything is back in stock with the exceptions of Supersonic and Ambassador.

I made a stupid careless mistake when ordering Ambassador and didn't realize it until they showed up, so I basically have 50 "blem" PCBs that I'm not thrilled about. My software doesn't like the font I use for the C2C logo so it tries to change it when I'm not looking, and in this case it did it right before I exported files, so the C2C logo came out in the wrong font and huge, so it covers up the footprints of a couple components and makes them unreadable.

Supersonic is still a weird one for me. I think it's a great sounding circuit, but it's a complex build. The people that have built it successfully tell me it sounds great, and there are a fair number that rush through the build and aren't able to get it to work. So due to the complexity and the cost of the boards and enclosures I feel like I either need to discontinue the project or release more detailed build documentation so people have a better chance of making it work.

@vigilante398 Are the blems still usable? Just make sure there’s a pdf of the board showing which components are covered up. Shouldn’t be that be of the deal I can see the c2c print being that big as it’s small to begin with.

As for the “Supersonic” that is a large build. I wouldn’t attempt it. Perhaps do away with some of the options? Is the clean channel really necessary? Or the loop? I would imagine most users just running it straight into the preamp in on their amp. I could be completely wrong on that though.

@vigilante398 Are the blems still usable? Just make sure there’s a pdf of the board showing which components are covered up. Shouldn’t be that be of the deal I can see the c2c print being that big as it’s small to begin with.

As for the “Supersonic” that is a large build. I wouldn’t attempt it. Perhaps do away with some of the options? Is the clean channel really necessary? Or the loop? I would imagine most users just running it straight into the preamp in on their amp. I could be completely wrong on that though.
The blems are usable, but I have another PCB order to place in the next few days, I'll just revise the file. The blems are "work-aroundable", but I don't love making people do that, even if I were to discount them.

There is absolutely too much in supersonic. The loop is completely unnecessary. I like having the two-channel option so I would be inclined to keep the clean channel in, but removing the loop would bring it down to 3 tubes instead of 4 and could potentially bring it down to a 1590XX instead of a 1590DD. If I were to redesign it, I would ideally like to bring it from a 6-layer board down to a 4-layer board as well.

So that's a fair point, Supersonic could stand to shed some pounds, that would make it more manageable from a build perspective as well as a documentation perspective.

Back