Back In Stock Updates

Be careful, USPS is bad about returning (or simply trashing) these types of shipments these days.

It has be classed as "non-machinable" if it has a rigid object inside, they don't allow valued merchandise to be sent as a letter or flat anymore.

They do occasionally slide, but lately not as much as in the past. 🙁
Damn, good to know. I've sent PCBs like that in the past, but that was like 2018 or so. Maybe I'll send a couple as tests to see if they get there before widely offering it.

I just wanted to know if holes are enough to dissipate the heat.
oh... these are preamp tubes, they don't get that hot, it's the power tube side of the older amps that needed to breathe/fan.
Yup, exactly this. The slots are more for aesthetics than actual function, you could probably get away without any ventilation. But if a pedal has a tube, it's nice to be able to prove it. SiB has a number of tube pedals that just use a handful of holes for ventilation, so if you're worried about the heat that's absolutely a way to go.

Yeah USPS made the change on January 21st, 2018. They still slip through occasionally, if you're only shipping a single PCB you might get lucky.

Well, I hate politics but the guy hired by the last bozo(and all of them are bozo's since day 1) closed a LOT of sorting points because he also owned a trucking company, he made an exclusive contract with... and what better way to soak more money than minimum costs that are stupid to anybody who took a moment to look...
Yup, exactly this. The slots are more for aesthetics than actual function, you could probably get away without any ventilation. But if a pedal has a tube, it's nice to be able to prove it. SiB has a number of tube pedals that just use a handful of holes for ventilation, so if you're worried about the heat that's absolutely a way to go.
the hole grid sees like a decent idea if you have concerns and have fun with a pattern, it really is YOUR box, who's gonna see it 90% of the time? And I think MBP had 1 or 2 tube projects, no vents on 12ax7/ecc83's.. I didn't like the arrangement of right angle daughter board for the tube as opposed to Vigil using flush instead of right angle pots.

Space Heater PCBs are back in stock, I have 60 on hand. I took this opportunity to revise the board and add an LED under the tube socket. I had to shrink the pads a little bit (went from 80mils to 70mils diameter) to fit in the extra CLR, but it fits. Black Eye will get the same treatment next time I re-order those boards.

Now I just need to update the build doc to reflect the update.

I saw! Very exciting— I’ll be ordering soon. @vigilante398 is it the same drill template as the space heater? Neither of them have the drill template in the build docs it seems. Think I’ll get started on graphics for both of them asap
Yup, exact same drill template as Space Heater. I keep meaning to get this up on the build doc, but drill template is here:

Also available as a .dxf if that's more convenient for anyone.

Yup, exact same drill template as Space Heater. I keep meaning to get this up on the build doc, but drill template is here:

Also available as a .dxf if that's more convenient for anyone.

Awesome, thanks! Could you by any chance take a reading on how hot the tube gets in both the EF and Space Heater preamps after they’ve been powered up for a little while? I have a few different options in mind for aesthetics, and which way I go depends on if my first choice will be able to withstand the temperature, or if I’ll have to go with my second choice which I *know* will be able to withstand the temperature (he said cryptically).
Saw that EF86s are spec’d to have a maximum bulb temperature of 170°c (340°F) and some 12AX7s spec to a max bulb temperature of 230°c (450°F!), though those are of course the maximum measurements, and I’m sure the *average* operating temperature is a fair bit lower.

Awesome, thanks! Could you by any chance take a reading on how hot the tube gets in both the EF and Space Heater preamps after they’ve been powered up for a little while? I have a few different options in mind for aesthetics, and which way I go depends on if my first choice will be able to withstand the temperature, or if I’ll have to go with my second choice which I *know* will be able to withstand the temperature (he said cryptically).
Saw that EF86s are spec’d to have a maximum bulb temperature of 170°c (340°F) and some 12AX7s spec to a max bulb temperature of 230°c (450°F!), though those are of course the maximum measurements, and I’m sure the *average* operating temperature is a fair bit lower.
Yup, I should be able to do that, just need to find the thermocouple that plugs into my multimeter. Neither one gets super hot, especially the 12AX7 when you're running 9V on the heater. But I'll see what I can do. Feel free to remind me if it's been a couple days and I haven't posted anything as I've most likely forgotten :rolleyes:

85k? Surely you're pulling our resistor leg, Mr. Sushi? :)
You're not even going to mention the 2.87k? :ROFLMAO: Echo Foxtrot is based off an existing pedal I traced a couple years ago and those are the original values in the traced unit, but I use 82k and 2.7k respectively when I build it. When I re-order boards I'll update the silkscreen to reflect 82k and 2.7k, but 85k and 2.87k were what I had in the schematic.

If anyone doesn't already know what pedal it's based on and wants to know I can PM you, but the builder of the original pedal was VERY upset when he found out I had traced his pedal, so I don't talk about the original publicly anymore.

You're not even going to mention the 2.87k? :ROFLMAO: Echo Foxtrot is based off an existing pedal I traced a couple years ago and those are the original values in the traced unit, but I use 82k and 2.7k respectively when I build it. When I re-order boards I'll update the silkscreen to reflect 82k and 2.7k, but 85k and 2.87k were what I had in the schematic.

If anyone doesn't already know what pedal it's based on and wants to know I can PM you, but the builder of the original pedal was VERY upset when he found out I had traced his pedal, so I don't talk about the original publicly anymore.
I don't know but no need to PM me. I enjoy some mystique in life.

Back