SOLVED Duo-Phase is DOA-Phase

mdc

I had a sinking feeling when I was putting this one together that it would be my first pedalpcb with a major hitch, and here we are.

The unit powers up, both side indicator LEDs come on, signal passes in bypass, no sound passes through either side in any combination of in/out. Neither side passes a phased signal independently on in series. adjusting knobs and switches doesn't seem to do anything and neither LED lights up when their respective channels are engaged.

Given the sheer quantity of components I'm a bit overwhelmed as to where and how to start chasing down the problem.

No parts substitutions (at least not intentionally), all ICs and transistors are socketed.

Any help you kindly folks could provide in starting to sort this out would be hugely appreciated. I'm hoping it's something as simple as having put both internal LEDs in backwards or something like that—given that neither side works it makes me think that it was probably a mistake like that on both sides, or I cacked something in the middle?

Pics:

duop1.jpg
duop2.jpg duop3.jpg duop4.jpg duop5.jpg duop6.jpg

Attachments

• duop6.jpg
    duop6.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 3
WOOF, embarrassed to have missed that but VERY happy that you caught it. I'm not sure if it's 100%, but the LEDs are blinking and it's passing signal when engaged so it's definitely working more than it isn't working. Thanks!

Replaced those two opamps and all is well. Thanks as always for the fresh eyes on this - truly appreciated!

I'll have to dig around and see how everyone's been dealing with the wiring/ticking as that's still pretty loud but it seems like a problem that others have solved already.

Reactions: fig
You have a bit of extra wire and you have wires running right next to the LFO. Check out how others have routed their In/Out wires away from the LFOs, shorten your footswitch connections, and consider shielded cable with one end grounded for your In/Outs.

Reactions: mdc
Back