Lab Rat

Erik S

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Took me 6 months to finish this, but it’s living up to the hype so far.

I planned on auditioning op amps, but I started with the lm308, and it sounds great, so I’m sticking with that for now.

The board layout is nice and roomy and the build docs are great. Seems like a lot of folks end up building a few of these sushibox projects once they get one done. I’ll probably be shopping for the next one soon.

I did mess up the right angle daughter board, but it’s workable the way it is. The tube board should sit flush against the main board so the tube socket would have support when installing the tube. I faced the right angle header the wrong way.

I re-posted the video I made of cutting the tube slots. I’m really happy with how those came out.

AD189415-15F7-4128-B34F-9C291366BCFE.jpeg
6CA91A81-BFF5-45AE-806A-2F832B04C07A.jpeg
59F3D53F-CBD2-41C2-9C7F-8F39FD9E378F.jpeg

Took me 6 months to finish this, but it’s living up to the hype so far.

I planned on auditioning op amps, but I started with the lm308, and it sounds great, so I’m sticking with that for now.

The board layout is nice and roomy and the build docs are great. Seems like a lot of folks end up building a few of these sushibox projects once they get one done. I’ll probably be shopping for the next one soon.

I did mess up the right angle daughter board, but it’s workable the way it is. The tube board should sit flush against the main board so the tube socket would have support when installing the tube. I faced the right angle header the wrong way.

I re-posted the video I made of cutting the tube slots. I’m really happy with how those came out.

View attachment 65775
View attachment 65776
View attachment 65777
Gorgeous, inside and out.

Back