PedalPCB Terrarium - Compact Daisy Development Platform

I went ahead and purchased one of these for $89 (including a Daisy Seed).

I went ahead and purchased one of these for $89 (including a Daisy Seed).

A bunch of my friends bought these on another forum. I’d love to see what they can do. But I’m a bit confused by how the buttons change the functions. I’m sure I could learn it, it just seems trouble some to pass through the menus

A bunch of my friends bought these on another forum. I’d love to see what they can do. But I’m a bit confused by how the buttons change the functions. I’m sure I could learn it, it just seems trouble some to pass through the menus

There are no menus on the Pod, maybe you're thinking about the Patch?

Regardless, functionality depends entirely on the program you're running.

There are no menus on the Pod, maybe you're thinking about the Patch?

Regardless, functionality depends entirely on the program you're running.
Sorry, I should have put menu in quotations. The “menu” function being that you push the button, and the led color changes to let you know what set of parameters you’re changing in this specific setup for the software I found a video demo for:

I saw that demo and I guess it made more sense for keyboard players than guitar players. The button pushes to change menu categories without a display looks confusing to me too, but the sounds for the synth in the demo are impressive.

Last edited:
Reading through the Daisy Wiki and looking at the Forum, I don't see any talk about simulating code.

Code Simulation is probably not an option at this point right?

Reading through the Daisy Wiki and looking at the Forum, I don't see any talk about simulating code.

Code Simulation is probably not an option at this point right?

How do you mean? Like running code on a PC?

What would you guys think about a collaborative Tap Tremolo project for the Terrarium?

A tap tremolo, to me, seems like the perfect way to learn the inns and outs of the Daisy: bypass, setting a clock counter via switch input, using a clock to control an LFO, routing that LFO to an LED, adjusting the LFO amplitude, multiplying the LFO and instrument signal, etc

The Daisy module is powered by 9V, but has onboard regulators for the various ICs.

I'm using 10K linear pots at the moment because that's what the "Petal" used. 100K could be a better option since it would put less idle load on the 3.3V supply, but I just wasn't feeling very experimental yet.

Yep, TL072 for the buffers.

I just finished up the Terrarium prototype, all is working good so these will likely start becoming available in the next restock.
Any updates about when the terrarium could be available? I've been messing around with spinCAD/asm but I'm pretty new to pedal building so I could definitely use something like this!

are those the full size 1 UF box caps to go under the daisy seed? those seem to be taller than the 40 pin socket I cut apart to mount on the PCB.

are those the full size 1 UF box caps to go under the daisy seed? those seem to be taller than the 40 pin socket I cut apart to mount on the PCB.

I used MLCC in mine, but I did test fit some of the 1uF box caps first and they fit.

I used two 20-pin female headers, those plus the height of the headers on the Seed gave just enough clearance.

I'd do a dry-fit before soldering them in place just in case yours are larger.

Yeah, was wondering about that as well.

Almost have my Tayda order together ... there's always stragglers that I end up adding well after I think I've got it all together. I'm so bad at getting my BOMs together... BAD.

Back